Wereldwijd opererend bedrijf dat software ontwikkelt en implementeert voor haven installaties en containerterminals. We zoeken een Consultant op WO/HBO niveau.
Locatie Regio Rotterdam
CERTUS Port Automation is a leading technology company in innovative automation solutions for container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Headquartered out of Hendrik-Ido Ambacht, Rotterdam, we also have an R&D facility in Israel and partners companies in the USA, Dubai, UAE and Brazil.
Our systems empower marine and railway terminal operators to increase their performance while reducing operating costs. Deployed in over 50+ countries, terminal operators worldwide have successfully optimized their gate, crane and rail processes using our advanced OCR technology, kiosk systems and advanced software.
We thrive on innovation, providing unique business solutions to container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Our work culture is where innovation is expected, hard work is valued, and creativity is rewarded. All this within a no-nonsense organization with diverse disciplines and a great team spirit.
The operation within maritime and intermodal terminals is highly automated. The individual system solutions for terminal operations are accompanied by complex logic, which together result in optimization the use of CHE (container handling equipment), (IT) systems and resources.
CERTUS standard software platform PASS (Port Automation & Security System) is designed as middleware between the various subsystems and a (TOS) Terminal Operating System. The CERTUS PASS system runs on 50+ terminals at 30 ports in 25 countries around the world. For our customers we deliver 24/7 remote and local support on hardware and software.
For more information www.certusportautomation.com
Within our location at Hendrik Ido Ambacht (Rotterdam Area) we work with a dedicated team of in total 45 people.
JOB PROFILE: CONSULTANT
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a proven track record of success as a Consultant within the software industry. You will be working in a challenging environment, consulting with customers, providing fixes to problems as well as liaising with the development team for more complex fixes.
You work on the cutting edge of business, IT and hardware. The latter makes it extra interesting and challenging.
In addition, we are looking for someone who wants to develop himself further and is enthusiastic about expanding and sharing his knowledge. You are someone who has insight and analytical skills and is able to oversee an application in the larger picture. Above all, you have to be someone who also has both feet on the ground and has a pragmatic approach. You have to have a service-oriented attitude, both to the customers and to your colleagues. We also ask for a proactive attitude towards improving our products.
A nice aspect of the function is that you occasionally have the opportunity to visit abroad. This can be an international destination and you go with a colleague developer and hardware engineer to a customer to test on location and deliver a project. This involves a short stay of one week to 2 weeks and always in good consultation.
Since a lot of communication is in English, you are expected to have a good level of English in word and writing.
- Support the software implementation of CERTUS OCR solutions
- Propose alternate business processes and how these can be represented in CERTUS
- Support terminals at go-live with the use of the CERTUS software and operational exception handling.
- Serve as customer advocate throughout solution design, development, and test phases to ensure delivered solution meets customer objectives
- Provide recommendations and requirements on standard operating procedures, role definition, and structure of the operations department.
- Provide domain expertise in the areas of terminal operations throughout the project life cycle
- Perform tuning activities to improve productivity and/or efficiency of container terminals.
- Assist with building a growing consulting practice to include practice aids and templates for use at multiple clients
- 3 years related Consultant experience
- A strong and inherent customer service/technical support orientation
- An analytical approach and interest in solving difficult problems
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies
- Knowledge of relational database structures (MS SQL), web-based enterprise solutions and technologies
- Detail Oriented, hardworking and self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Must be willing to travel based on business needs and have the ability to work extended hours under tight deadlines to successfully meet objectives
- Typically, a CERTUS Consultant can travel internationally for a period of 1 to 2 weeks
- Positive enjoyment of teamwork especially in relation to multi-disciplinary virtual teams in disparate geographical locations
Additional Expertise is a plus
- Bachelor (HBO) or Master (WO) informatics
- College for Maritime and port management
- Knowledge of complete Microsoft Office including MS Visio
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Maritime and Offshore sector
General Corporate competences:
Co-worker ship: when interacting with colleagues, showing them that you recognize their feelings, attitude and motivation and that you are open for that. Willing to provide your colleagues with advice and action, even when it is not directly in favour of your own proceedings.
Reliability: delivering on promises and accepting its consequences. When you do not succeed, you take the consequences for your own account and eliminate negative consequences for others as good as possible.
Loyalty: to comply with the policy and the interests of the organisation and the group of which you are a part. To support, or at least do no harm to, the position of your own division in dilemmas where those interests come face to face with others.
Initiative: to seek opportunities and take action thereon. Rather act on your own initiative than to wait passively.
Job Related competences:
Analysis of problems: to analyse a problem and its different components; to describe its origin and the internal coherence. To trace possible causes, to collect relevant data.
Handling details: to show attention for details; to be able to handle detailed information effectively during a long time.
Customer focus: researching the needs and demands of the customer and to show you think and act from that perspective.
Learning orientation: to show interest in new information, to take this in and to practice it effectively. You keep your knowledge concerning your job up to date.
Conceptual thinking: to provide a better insight in problems or situations by thinking of them in a wider spectrum or by linking them with other information.
Communication: to communicate ideas and information in clear and correct language, so that the essence is being understood by others.
Adaptability: continue to act effectively by adapting to changing environments, tasks, responsibilities or people.
Self-dependence: to be able to work effectively during a longer period of time without supervision, where both production and quality remain on level; and whereby, in case of disturbances or deviations, adequate action is provided.